Giants' Belt dealing with broken thumb
Belt, an integral piece of the NL West-leading Giants, will meet with doctors this week to determine how long he'll be out.
The 33-year-old was hit in the thumb by a pitch during Sunday's game against the Colorado Rockies. He left the contest shortly after suffering the injury.
Belt owns a .274/.378/.597 slash line with a career-high 29 home runs over 97 games for San Francisco this season.
- Correa's late HR helps Astros top Red Sox in ALCS opener
- Are the Giants a one-hit wonder or a sustainable success story?
- NLCS preview, best bet: Can Braves pull off massive upset vs. Dodgers?
- The Astros' secret is one many World Series winners share
- Astros' Baker: Correa-Altuve relationship is like Brady-Gronk