Red Sox sign Jose Iglesias to help with depth amid outbreak
The Los Angeles Angels released Iglesias on Friday after he slashed .259/.295/.375 with eight homers and 41 RBIs across 114 games this season. The slick-fielding 31-year-old returns to the Red Sox after starting his career with the team in 2011.
Boston desperately needs infield help due to a COVID-19 outbreak that's sidelined 11 players, including All-Star shortstop Xander Bogaerts.
Left-hander Josh Taylor was also reinstated from the COVID-19 injured list, among a flurry of other moves.
- Riley lifts Braves past Dodgers in Game 1 of NLCS
- Red Sox blast 2 grand slams in rout of Astros, draw even in ALCS
- Astros' Garcia removed in 2nd inning of Game 2 with knee injury
- Are the Giants a one-hit wonder or a sustainable success story?
- Report: Mets unlikely to hire Brewers' Stearns, Athletics' Beane