Report: Blue Jays, Mariners, Rays, Yankees join Berrios pursuit
Minnesota has begun fielding offers for the 27-year-old and the chances of him being dealt before Friday's trade deadline are increasing, sources told The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal and Dan Hayes.
The Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Yankees, San Diego Padres, Tampa Bay Rays, and Toronto Blue Jays are among the clubs with varying degrees of interest, Rosenthal and Hayes add.
The Twins hurler has been a bright spot for Minnesota in an otherwise terrible season. Berrios owns a 7-5 record with a 3.48 ERA and 3.56 FIP across 121 2/3 innings. The Puerto Rican hurler also ranks third in the American League in WHIP and eighth in WAR, according to FanGraphs.
- Orioles stun Yankees in extras after late comeback
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- La Russa: Ohtani plunking unintentional, umps 'made a mistake'
- Ohtani to miss next start, Angels hoping he'll pitch again in 2021
- Cohen: Former Marlins exec is anonymous source speaking out against Mets