Dodgers' Seager out at least 1 month with fractured right hand
He fractured the fifth metacarpal in his hand, according to Juan Toribio of MLB.com.
The Dodgers placed Seager on the 10-day injured list Sunday. While he won't need surgery, manager Dave Roberts said he'll miss at least a month due to the injury, according to Michael J. Duarte of NBC Los Angeles.
Roberts added that Gavin Lux will be the team's primary shortstop while Seager is sidelined, according to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register.
Los Angeles has dealt with a number of injuries amid a relatively slow start to the 2021 season. Following a win over Miami, the Dodgers sit third in the NL West at 22-17.
Seager entered play Saturday hitting .267/.355/.425 with four home runs and 22 RBIs.
Los Angeles recalled catcher Keibert Ruiz from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding move.
- Padres' Snell cleared to pitch after car struck by suspected drunk driver
- Josh Naylor talks hockey, return from gruesome injury, and his new swing
- Braves' Ozuna charged with DUI
- Stanton to start rehab stint, could rejoin Yankees next week
- Tigers activate E-Rod from restricted list, will start Sunday vs. Angels