Tottenham land Emerson Royal from Barcelona for reported €25M fee
Royal has penned a deal through 2027 with the current Premier League leaders, with Spurs and Barcelona agreeing on a €25-million fee, according to The Guardian's Fabrizio Romano.
Tottenham initially submitted a reported €20-million bid plus out-of-favor full-back Serge Aurier, an offer that cash-strapped Barcelona rejected in hopes of generating more in sales for the Brazilian-born Royal.
Royal has appeared in all three of Barcelona's league outings thus far this season after the Catalan outfit triggered a €9-million clause in the 22-year-old's Real Betis terms.
The four-time capped international is Tottenham's latest summer signing under new football director Fabio Paratici. The club has also signed Bryan Gil (Sevilla) and Pape Sarr (Metz) to permanent deals while adding Atalanta duo Pierluigi Gollini and Cristian Romero on loan.
- Late Lobete goal sends 10-man Real Sociedad top of La Liga
- Fully fit Barca can still win La Liga title, says Koeman
- Biennial World Cup would give countries chance to 'dream,' says Infantino
- This weekend in Europe: Ranieri returns to EPL, Sociedad for lead in Spain
- Hernandez will appear in court after receiving 6-month prison sentence