Fiorentina's Biraghi bloodied by object thrown by West Ham fan
PRAGUE (AP) — Fiorentina captain Cristiano Biraghi was hit in the head by objects thrown from the stands by West Ham supporters during the first half of the Europa Conference League final on Wednesday, leaving him bleeding from a gash in his scalp.
The game was briefly held up after Biraghi was struck by empty beer cups and other objects as he was about to take a corner. He needed to have his head bandaged to stop the bleeding, while a stadium announcer urged supporters to stop throwing objects.
Some West Ham players also went over to urge their fans to stop, before play resumed.
- Rangers top Angels for 6th straight win to maintain AL West lead
- Webb leads Giants past Padres as Snell makes final push for NL Cy Young
- Verlander silences Mariners as Astros extend lead for final wild-card spot
- Bengals top Rams in Super Bowl LVI rematch for 1st win of season
- Hurts, Swift power Eagles to win over Buccaneers on MNF