Germany schedules 1st warmup friendlies ahead of Euro 2024
Munich, Germany, Jan 27, 2023 (AFP) - Germany will play Peru on March 25 in Mainz and Belgium in Cologne three days later as part of their preparations to host the 2024 European Championships, the football federation said on Friday.
As hosts of the competition Germany are exempt from qualifiers and will instead contest 12 friendlies between March 2023 and March 2024.
In Qatar, Germany failed to get out of their group for the second World Cup running following a surprise defeat by Japan and their coach Hansi Flick is keen to put that behind them.
"We are already really excited about this tournament and we want to go into it with a team playing attractive football with passion and enthusiasm," Flick said.
Euro 2024 takes place in June and July 2024 with fixture and dates yet to be fixed across 10 cities including Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart, Leipzig, Hamburg, Frankfurt and Gelsenkirchen
- South Korean player selected for national team despite being detained in China
- Muller left out of Germany's squad for summer friendlies; Gundogan returns
- USMNT scores late to draw with Mexico in friendly
- Medical team to stand trial for role in Maradona's death
- Dest released by AC Milan for USMNT exhibition vs. Mexico