Champions League bracket: Man City meet Bayern in colossal quarterfinal clash
The eight teams remaining in this season's Champions League learned their respective routes to the big-eared trophy in Friday's draw for the quarterfinal and semifinal stages.
After taking down Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool, respectively, in the standout fixtures from the round of 16, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid were again handed difficult - and delectable - matchups for the quarterfinals. The German giants will meet Manchester City, a fellow tournament favorite, in a reunion for Pep Guardiola, who previously coached the Bundesliga side. Reigning champions Real Madrid, meanwhile, take on Chelsea in a rematch of last season's thrilling quarterfinal tilt that went to extra time.
- Match 1: Real Madrid vs. Chelsea
- Match 2: Benfica vs. Inter Milan
- Match 3: Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich
- Match 4: AC Milan vs. Napoli
The clubs listed first in each matchup will play their respective first legs at home. The quarterfinal first legs are slated to take place April 11 and 12, with the decisive return fixtures scheduled for April 18 and 19.
As has become customary in recent years, UEFA also filled out the complete knockout bracket for the remaining teams, teeing up the final four. The winners of the Real Madrid-Chelsea and Manchester City-Bayern Munich ties will meet in the semifinals. To capture a record-extending 15th European Cup, Real Madrid will need to run through a gauntlet of the continent's top teams. The same is true for Bayern, who are looking to move level with AC Milan for second place with seven titles.
With all three Serie A teams - including runaway leaders Napoli - joining Benfica on the same side of the bracket, it's guaranteed that either an Italian or Portuguese club will be in the final this season. An Italian squad hasn't reached the showpiece match of the competition since 2017, while Porto's 2004 victory was the last time a club from Portugal featured in the final.
- Winner of quarterfinal 4 vs. winner of quarterfinal 2
- Winner of quarterfinal 1 vs. winner of quarterfinal 3
The semifinal first legs will take place May 9 and 10, with the return fixtures scheduled May 16 and 17.
This season's Champions League final will take place June 10 at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul.
- Roger Craig, former pitcher and manager who was World Series fixture, dies at 93
- Malone slams Nuggets' effort after blowing 4th-quarter lead vs. Heat
- Heat rally late to beat Nuggets in Game 2, tie series
- Yankees score runs in final 3 innings to take series from Dodgers
- Remparts shut out Thunderbirds for record-setting Memorial Cup win