FIFA rankings: England leapfrogs France into 3rd place
Paris, Sept 16, 2021 (AFP) - England leapfrogged cross-Channel rivals France into third place of FIFA standings published Thursday.
Belgium and Brazil retain first and second spots respectively, while England make their first appearance on the podium in nine years on the back of two wins and a draw in recent 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
France paid the price for two draws and a win to go fourth.
European champions Italy and Copa America winners Argentina sit in fifth and sixth places.
Top 10 in FIFA standings as of September 16
- Braves' Rosario named NLCS MVP after record performance
- Scherzer watches, Buehler struggles as Dodgers' season ends
- Braves oust Dodgers, clinch 1st World Series appearance since 1999
- Watch: Kraken crowd welcomes team, boos Bettman at home opener
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'