FA Cup draw: Kompany's Burnley to face Man City in quarterfinals
Vincent Kompany will return to the Etihad Stadium after his Burnley side was drawn with Manchester City in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup.
The Manchester City icon, who was named Burnley manager in June 2022, oversaw the Championship club's win over Fleetwood Town on Wednesday to secure a berth in the next round of the FA Cup.
Meanwhile, Grimsby Town will get a chance to slay another Premier League giant after being paired with Brighton & Hove Albion shortly after the League 2 club's upset victory over Southampton.
Tottenham Hotspur followed the Saints in bowing out of the tournament unexpectedly, with their fifth-round foe, Sheffield United, moving on to face Blackburn Rovers in the quarters.
Draw in full
- Manchester City vs. Burnley
- Manchester United vs. Fulham
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Grimsby Town
- Sheffield United vs. Blackburn Rovers
The next round of FA Cup matches are scheduled to take place over the weekend of March 18-19.
- Man City close in on treble as Gundogan sinks Man United in FA Cup final
- Allardyce leaves Leeds after failing in rescue mission
- Tielemans announces departure from relegated Leicester City
- Coventry condemn racist abuse of Dabo after playoff final penalty miss
- Luton celebrate Premier League promotion with victory parade