Norwich beat Bristol City to extend hot streak
London, Sept 14, 2022 (AFP) - Promotion-chasing Norwich sealed a sixth successive Championship win as Bristol City were beaten 3-2 at Carrow Road on Wednesday.
Relegated from the Premier League last season, Norwich are expected to mount a strong challenge for a return to the top flight.
Dean Smith's side sit in second place, one point behind Sheffield United, after maintaining their hot streak.
Teemu Pukki's double and Josh Sargent's sixth goal this season saw off City, who replied with strikes from Tommy Conway and Antoine Semenyo.
Scott Hogan's hat-trick clinched a 3-2 victory for Birmingham over West Brom at the Hawthorns.
Hogan put Birmingham ahead early in each half sandwiching Jed Wallace's equaliser before completing his treble.
Brandon Thomas-Asante's late penalty was no consolation for West Brom.
Fourth-placed Reading lost their 100 per cent home record as Sunderland eased to a 3-0 victory.
Sunderland's Patrick Roberts struck with two goals in as many minutes just before the interval.
Jack Clarke effectively settled the issue in the 69th minute, latching onto a superb Dan Neil cross to slot home.
Coventry came from behind twice to draw 2-2 against Luton, while QPR won 2-0 in the London derby at Millwall.
- Championship roundup: Leicester win at Norwich, Warnock leaves Huddersfield
- Pilot cleared in helicopter crash that killed Leicester owner
- Former England striker Carroll joins Ligue 2 side Amiens in France
- League Cup roundup: Chelsea, Everton avoid massive upsets to advance
- Fulham sign goalkeeper Steven Benda from Swansea