Brentford sign Lewis-Potter from Hull City in deal reportedly worth £20M
London, July 12, 2022 (AFP) - Brentford announced on Tuesday they had signed England Under-21 forward Keane Lewis-Potter from Hull for a reported £20 million ($23 million).
Lewis-Potter agreed a six-year contract with the Premier League club, who have the option of a further 12-month extension.
Brentford are believed to have paid the Championship team an initial £16 million for the 21-year-old, whose price tag could rise to £20 million with add-ons.
Lewis-Potter is set to join up with the rest of the Brentford squad at their pre-season training camp in Germany.
"I am pleased that we have managed to sign one of the biggest young talents in the Championship," Brentford boss Thomas Frank said.
"He had a very good season last year. He scored 13 goals and contributed four assists in a team that were fighting a little bit towards the bottom of the league. Those are impressive numbers.
"He has a very good mentality and fits the Brentford model perfectly. He is a good young player who we think has the qualities to play in the Premier League now. He will also develop even further."
- Championship side Watford appoint Bilic as coach after sacking Edwards
- Championship roundup: Sheffield United boss warns leaders can be better
- Steffen returns to fitness as USMNT's goalkeeper battle heats up
- Allen injury a worry for Wales ahead of World Cup
- Norwich beat Bristol City to extend hot streak