Nunez scores again as Liverpool see off West Ham
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Darwin Nunez scored his fourth goal of the season to help Liverpool beat West Ham 3-1 at home in the Premier League on Sunday.
The Uruguay international has now scored in back-to-back games for the first time since February as Jurgen Klopp's side made it five successive Premier League wins to move into outright second spot, two points behind defending champion Manchester City.
Nunez netted with a rasping 60th-minute volley from Alexis Mac Allister's lofted pass to restore Liverpool's lead after Jarrod Bowen's diving header in the first half had canceled out Mohamed Salah's penalty. It was Salah's 12th goal in his last 13 appearances at Anfield.
Substitute Diogo Jota added the third goal in the 85th. Liverpool scored at least three goals in their opening three home league games for only the second time in the last 43 years.
AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/Soccer
- Bowness: Jets are 'tighter' this season than last year
- NHL Tuesday best bets: Firework show on deck in the desert
- Rodgers: Return depends on health, Jets' playoff chances
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings