Tottenham's Perisic needs surgery after 'complex' ACL injury in training
LONDON (AP) — Tottenham wing-back Ivan Perisic has suffered an ACL injury to his right knee, the Premier League club said Wednesday.
Spurs said Perisic would undergo surgery to repair a “complex” injury sustained in non-contact training.
It was not said how long the Croatia international would be out of action.
The 34-year-old Perisic has been involved in every game for the London club this season, but his only start came in the League Cup against Fulham.
His absence will be a blow to Spurs manager Ange Postecoglou, who has made an impressive start since taking over in the off-season.
Second-place Spurs is undefeated in the league, two points behind leader Manchester City.
Perisic joined Spurs from Inter Milan last year and has made 50 appearances, scoring one goal.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer
- Pettersson helps Canucks hand Hurricanes 4th straight loss
- Report: Seahawks' Walker, Charbonnet expected to be available vs. 49ers
- Report: Jaguars optimistic Lawrence will play vs. Browns
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- Where do the Blue Jays pivot after missing out on Ohtani?