Watch: Sporting's Pedro Goncalves stuns Arsenal with goal from halfway line
That chip was perfection.
It was a goal reminiscent of Nayim's lob of David Seaman in the 1995 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final. Sporting CP's Pedro Goncalves spotted Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale off his line during Thursday's Europa League clash before executing a sublime lofted finish from the edge of the center circle.
The goal made the second leg 1-1, with the overall score tied 3-3 on aggregate. The Portuguese club eventually went on to win in a shootout and reach the quarterfinals of the competition.
(Available to view in U.S. only)
(Available to view in Canada only)
- Sharks would 'explore' moving Couture, Hertl if they wanted trade
- Week 3 round-robin underdog parlay: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
- Blue Jays' Guerrero day-to-day with knee inflammation after MRI
- 49ers' Aiyuk not available vs. Giants on TNF
- Eagles' Brown: Sideline exchange doesn't mean I'm beefing with Hurts