Report: Gordon joining Newcastle from Everton for initial £40M
The deal could rise a further £5 million in add-ons, according to Keith Downie of Sky Sports.
Gordon is scheduled to undergo a medical in the next 24 hours and will likely be unveiled by Newcastle over the weekend, Downie adds.
Gordon returned to Everton's training base Friday morning after going AWOL the previous two days.
Now the 21-year-old will head northeast to link up with Eddie Howe's third-place Newcastle side, who are preparing for Tuesday's League Cup semifinal second leg against Southampton.
He had a positive influence last season, helping Everton avoid relegation and scoring four goals in 35 Premier League appearances. However, Gordon has struggled to live up to expectations this campaign for a Toffees side in the midst of another relegation battle.
- Curry on Warriors' slump: 'We all got to look at ourselves in the mirror'
- Report: Texans' Howard set to miss rest of season with knee injury
- AL Central team needs heading into winter meetings
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- In-Season Tournament roundup: Celtics, Kings advance as quarterfinal matchups set