Watch: Messi unleashes vintage strike in PSG's draw vs. Benfica
Lionel Messi did it again.
The Argentine superstar added to his long list of sensational Champions League strikes with a brilliant curling effort to give Paris Saint-Germain an early lead in a Group H affair against Benfica that ended 1-1 on Wednesday.
In opening the scoring for the visitors, Messi also became the first player to score a goal against 40 different teams in the Champions League.
(Available to view in U.S. only)
(Available to view in Canada only)
Benfica drew level just before halftime courtesy of a Danilo Pereira own goal.
- Report: Saudi club offers Ronaldo contract worth over £100M per year
- Champions League draw: Real Madrid meet Liverpool, Bayern battle PSG in last 16
- Ronaldo gets 2-game ban for next club after clash with fan
- Ronaldo seeks new club after United exit, but where will he go?
- Guardiola delighted after extending Manchester City deal until 2025